Friday, April 24, 2009

She Has Arrived


Landri got here yesterday morning at 9:12 am weighing in at 6 lbs and 7 oz, measuring 19 1/2 inches long.  I'm glad that I now know all of these stats so I can sign her up in the baby division of next years tough man contest in Charleston.  Hopefully she won't draw someone from Lincoln County in the first round.  

Well I really messed up because I didn't get my sleep banked.  I'm a little tired so on the next child I will definitely sleep for a week straight before the child gets here so I wont run into this problem again.  

I got to sleep on this really nice couch chair pull out thing that in no way was comfortable.  I don't quite know how much this little trip to the hospital is would cost without insurance but I know it's probably alot.  So I know that this fine hospital could afford to put out a little bit extra to make great dads like me more comfortable.  This sweet vinyl  chair has a nice slop to it so that you feel like you are laying on a hill.  Not real sure who the designers are of this fine piece of furniture are but I bet they don't make it through these tough economical times.

Another interesting thing about this hospital is the food.  Who's eating this stuff?  I mean really, I don't think my dog would eat this stuff.  In case you didn't know it, St Mary's Hospital in Huntington celebrates Thanksgiving every Thursday.  A nice slice of slimy turkey served with a side of ice cream scooped beets, stuffing and what appeared to be mashed potatoes.  The dessert for this fine meal was pumpkin pie and an interesting combination of red, yellow, and orange jello topped with whip cream.  This awesome food selection was served and hour after Landri got here and much to no ones surprise the smell made Brooke sick.  The dinner meal was some sort of chicken tender served with odd looking green beans.  Again Brooke chose to pass on this meal as well.   So this morning I tell the nurse that we don't want any more of these sweet meals.  Much to my surprise you cannot defer these five star meals.  So we have starving children in Africa yet this hospital can waste food rather then save the money to buy me a better chair to sleep in.  

Other then this sweet chair and five star meals this has been the best thing ever to happen to me.  Watching Landri being born makes it extremely hard for me to believe that some people don't believe in God.  And I now have absolutely no clue how abortion is legal.  Landri and Brooke are doing great, labor lasted less then 10 minutes.  She is much to no one's surprise she is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen.  I don't know if everyone else thinks this about her but in my eyes she is.  She has a full head of hair and is rockin one of the sweetest mullets ever.  We get to take her home tomorrow if everything continues to go as scheduled.  It'll be awesome getting her home and adjusting our lives around her.  


1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure I just slept on that same vinyl pull-apart couch when my daughter was born. It must be standard hospital issue...just like that hat. Uncle Matt can tell you how comfortable I looked sleeping on that thing for 5 nights.

    Fortunately I had a nice, spacious Nissan Murano to take her home in. What a smooth ride...and at a great price! You'd think I knew the dealer.

    Congrats on the little girl.

    Ben.

    ReplyDelete